Our competition will be returning again next year.
Do you dream of a career working on blockbuster films such as Skyfall, The Dark Knight Rises or Captain America?
If you are currently studying visual effects or animation at a UK HEI (uni or art college) or recently graduated; then BFX is the competition for you…
Sponsored by Next Limit Technologies BFX is a student competition designed to give you direct exposure to cutting edge practices and showcase your skills to some of the best supervisors, producers and artists in the VFX and animation industry.
As a team of 4-6 you will be tasked with creating a stunning 2-D or 3-D visual effects or animation sequence, based on a passage from classic literature. You will be mentored by experts from the leading British studios including Framestore, Double-Negative, The Mill, MPC, Realise Studios, Hibbert Ralph Animation and Cinesite and be assessed by a panel of independent judges. The best individuals on the winning teams will be given the opportunity to take up internships at some of the studios taking part in BFX.
BFX competition will be hosted by Bournemouth University and Arts University Bournemouth 8th July – 16th August. It’s free to enter and participating teams will receive free accommodation and each member will receive a stipend towards their living expenses and travel.
Please note – Numbers are limited, so all applications will be subject to a shortlisting process and interview.
Be amongst the best UK VFX and animation students to take part in this exciting new competition, apply now!
- Get a team of 4-6 containing a balance of artists, technical directors and programmers.
- Not got a team? find yours on our Facebook Group page.
- Download the how to apply pack now
- Select your passage from the competition briefs
- On the application form you must include a link to a video pitch of your concept to the judging panel – this should be on a publicly accessible site such as YouTube/Vimeo.
- BFX competition was 8th July to 16th August 2013.
- BFX festival (including awards) took place 25th to 29th September 2013.