The BFX competition Sponsored by Next Limit Technologies is now closed.
Do you dream of a career working on blockbuster films such as Skyfall, The Pirates! or Gravity?
If you are currently studying visual effects or animation at a UK HEI (uni or art college) or recently graduated; then BFX is the competition for you…
BFX is a student competition designed to give you direct exposure to cutting edge practices and showcase your skills to some of the best supervisors, producers and artists in the VFX and animation industry.
As a team of 4-6 you will be tasked with creating a stunning 2-D or 3-D visual effects or animation sequence, based on a screenplay created from classic literature, whilst being mentored by industry experts from leading British studios. In 2013, teams were mentored by experts from Framestore, Double Negative, The Mill, MPC, Realise Studios, Hibbert Ralph Animation, Cinesite, Outpost VFX and The Quarry. The films were then assessed by a panel of independent judges.
The best individuals on the winning teams will be given the opportunity to take up internships at some of the studios taking part in BFX.
BFX competition will be hosted by Bournemouth University and Arts University Bournemouth 7th July – 22nd August 2014. It’s free to enter and participating teams will receive free accommodation and each member will receive a small stipend towards their living expenses and travel.
Please note – Numbers are limited, so all applications will be subject to a shortlisting process and interview.
Be amongst the best UK VFX and animation students to take part in this exciting new competition, apply now!
- Get a team of 4-6 containing a balance of artists, technical directors and programmers.
- Not got a team? find yours on our Facebook Group page.
- Already in a team? Great – but still join our our Facebook Group page and stay informed of any breaking news
- Download the how to apply pack - HERE
- Select your screenplay from those provided - HERE
- On the application form you must include a link to a video pitch of your concept to the judging panel – this should be on a publicly accessible site such as YouTube/Vimeo.
- Application deadline is 28th April at 9pm (GMT)
- BFX competition takes place from 7th July to 22nd August 2014.
- BFX festival (including awards) will take place between 25th to 28th September 2014.